Rockbox and uclinux don't have anything in common. Rockbox uses some
tiny bits of cherrypicked linux code here and there, but it is certainly
not based on linux, as it has its own operating system core.
And Rockbox can successfully load and play music at least on most 2Gs.
We know about one flash chip type out of about 30 of them that at least
sometimes refuses to work properly in Rockbox, but for the vast majority
of devices, Rockbox is next to fully functional, only some small things
still lacking...
My iPod Nano 2G is Rockbox-only since several months now, I completely
removed the Apple firmware, and it's working just fine for everyday use.

>>> http://thewarezscene.org