On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 06:12:26PM +0000, Michael Brown wrote:
> The definition of struct hw_timestamp is not used anywhere in msg.c,

The definition is used already in msg.h.

> but is used in various places that care about the internal time
> representation.  Move this definition to tmv.h as a more natural home.

I'm not taking this patch because a) its not technically needed and b)
I disagree about what is more natural.

The idea behind the header files is:

- pdt.h  Primitive data types according to 1588
- ddt.h  Derived data types (1588)
- ds.h   Data sets (1588)
- msg.h  Message types
- tmv.h  Internal time value representation

The message structure includes the protocol fields, the src/dst
address (if any), the TLVs, and the time stamp as provided by the
networking stack.  The HW time stamp is intimately connected to the
message data, and so that is where the data structure belongs, IMHO.

Thanks,
Richard