On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 06:12:27PM +0000, Michael Brown wrote:
> Add converters between hardware timestamps and the internal
> representation, and remove code that directly manipulates the timespec
> within a hardware timestamp.

Although I can see the point of this, still I really dislike this
patch.  The method names are icky: hwts_sw_to_tmv?  Also, it changes
too much at once for my taste.

If new, high resolution time stamps will be coming from the kernel,
then we definitely will need a better abstraction.  But we should talk
about what that new form will look like first.

Linuxptp-devel mailing list