Hi Jacob,

You are right, architecture changes of a project that already rocks solid
it's not easy. Furthermore I shared my wishes and my long term
architectural view.
I spent the last months trying to understand the code, and just now I'm
proposing my (small) changes.

ciao

luigi

Il giorno gio 22 apr 2021 alle ore 18:43 Jacob Keller <
jacob.e.kel...@intel.com> ha scritto:

> On 4/22/2021 8:46 AM, Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini wrote:
> > Generally speaking and in my opinion should be interesting to have the
> > following features:
> >  - asynchronous clock adjust: I2c is a slow bus with unpredictable
> > access time, especially when you have a lot of devices. this is a true
> > story.
> >  - a thread for each port that handles the ptp protocol and the
> > timeouts: this will make more robust the stack on issues depending on TX
> > timestamping.
> >  - a capability to use transport/interfaces different from linux
> > interfaces, loading a custom  .so file. i.e. timestamper send back the
> > TS using in band communication.
> >  - ability to add/remove ports on the fly without traffic hit.
> >  - ability to change all port configurable parameters on the fly.
> >
> > My wishlist is from customer requirements, of course.
> >
> Most of these do sound like great features to have, but many would
> require significant architecture changes. As LinuxPTP is an open source
> project, you (or your customers) are free to work on such improvements
> and contribute them back.

*Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini*
My Professional Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/in/comio>

*"UNIX is very simple, it just needs a genius to understand its
simplicity." [cit.]*