On 24/11/05, Terrance Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ah, paint mixing...never works for me when I have more than one kit to paint
> in that color :p
Yeah, if you have to mix a second batch you'll never get it the same.
Although if you got a digital scale and carefully measured your ratios
and porportions and whatnot, you might be able to pull it off.
My solution is to just say that different types of mobile suit, even
if they have the same color scheme, may be slightly different colored.
Five GM commands have to be the same (unless you're doing custom
commander paint schemes but that doesn't apply here), but a GM Quell
can be slightly different from the Gundam Mk-II, and the Gundam Mk-II
can be slightly different from the Gundam in Titans colors.
As an existing example, the RX-78-2, RX-78NT-1, RX-78GP01, and
RX-78GP03 all have slightly different colors - the blues are different
shades, the whites are slightly different, and so on, and if I were to
do models of the three of them, I'd probably simulate the differences.
As a matter of fact, the only time I'd use the same paint for two
different models is if they were the same type (although I used to use
generic colors). I think the variation between the colors from MS to
MS gives my shelf as a whole a depth of realism.
====================
Arigato Gozaimasu,
John
My blog has been removed until further notice. I left a note; if any
of you are interested in the reason why, check it out.
http://school-is-evil.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------
The Gundam Mailing List MK-II [email protected]
Archives: http://www.gundam.com/gml
Help: Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] with this in
the BODY: help list