At 12:52 PM 6/20/2007, Reynolds, Jason M. wrote:
That is like saying George Lucas didn't actually have any involvement in The
Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi because technically he wasn't the
primary writer.  Now admittedly he wasn't the director either, but he
basically ran the whole show story and all.

Well, given that those are the best movies of the bunch (with Star Wars in there somewhere, either before or after Jedi) I think that's pretty telling.

What would be the point of involving another famous director for a new
Gundam series just to oversee Voice Actors, and overall plot points?  The
may not right all of the dialogue, but to say they don't have a major
influence on the show doesn't seem right to me.

How would they influence it? I'm not arguing here, I'm just not clear on what a director does in anime. Once you have character designs and scripts, what *can* he do? It probably depends on the director, I guess.