I have never heard A.E.U.G. spoken as an acronym.  It has always been
"ey-youg" in the shows I have seen.

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Joseph Riggs
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:11 PM
To: list@gundam.com
Subject: [gundam] Dynasty Warriors Gundam

As I'm sure plenty of you already know, there's a new Gundam game available
in Region 1. Dynasty Warriors Gundam was made available this week in North
America, although it's been available for a while now in Japan. It was
released simultaneously on the PS3 and X-Box 360. I picked it up yesterday,
and will post a handful of comments. Minor spoilers ensue, although I don't
know that it's really such a big deal.

I haven't played any of Koei's prior Dynasty Warriors games, but I'm
guessing that the gameplay is fairly similar. Run around taking out hordes
of low end grunts, with interruptions due to boss type encounters. The
bosses are based on characters from the various Gundam series. For instance,
Amuro's first fight is focused on Operation Odessa, and at certain points
Ramba Ral (yes, I know he should be dead by then...) and the Black Tri-Stars
appear on the map causing trouble for your side. To make sure that things
run smoothly, you need to head to their locations on the map (if they aren't
making a bee-line for you) and deal with them. Victory in some missions is
achieved by taking control of the enemy's main map location. In others, it's
achieved by defeating one or more bosses.

The game is divided into two primary clusters of campaigns, along with a
"Vs." mode. The first campaign cluster is the "Official Missions" group. You
pick Amuro Rey, Kamille Bidan, or Judau Ashtau, and play through a series of
missions representing some of their important battles. The "Original
Missions" group consists of a series of connected missions that represent a
group of mobile suit pilots from the various Gundam series investigating a
mysterious planet that has appeared in the solar system. You can pick Domon,
Heero, or Loran Cehack as your primary character for these mission series.
I'm not certain, but I suspect that the overall story for the missions plays
out similarly regardless of which character you pick. I also suspect that
this is the first time that a Turn-A character has appeared in a Gundam game
officially released in the US. Support characters in the Original Missions
aren't necessarily tied to the character that you picked as your main
charac! ter. For instance, the 360 demo features Heero, Master Asia, and
Jerid fighting side by side.

Odd-ball minor quibbles...

A.E.U.G. is constantly pronounced as if it were a word instead of an acronym
(it sounds something like "ey-youg" - i.e. long 'A', the word 'You', and a
hard 'G').
Judau sounds like he's talking with something in his mouth.
The newest version of Halo has apparently come early, as it's the name given
to a power-up that's based on a green ball-like object (*cough*Haro*cough*).

junior
MK-II list@gundam.com Archives: http://www.gundam.com/gml Help: Email
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with this in the BODY: help list