Joseph Riggs wrote:
> I think the main thing is that for most English speakers, a "word" consisting
> largely of
> vowels doesn't sound quite right.  "NATO" works because each syllable is
> composed of

Safe to say, there isn't a set of strong rules to decide whether an
acronym is commonly pronounced as an English word.  E.g. NSERC is
pronounced as a word ("EN-surk") but USA is spelled-out rather than
pronounced ("you-sah").  In some areas (MRI) practitioners bent over
backward to engineer full names to make a cool acronyms.

Furthermore, neither Aeug nor A.E.U.G. rolls off the tongue easily.
So there isn't a strong set of rules nor a clear favorite based on
which one sounds more natural.  So going back to the Japanese dialog
is a reasonable approach.  I am curious, in the entire game (or other
games for that matter) if no one ever spell out the acronym verbally
or say the full name verbally.  Especially, they do spell out E.F.S.F
verbally right?

Also, I still can't get over the fact that the Japanese wiki article
for "エゥーゴ" lists four versions of the full name.  Applying online
translation tool suggests that "Anti Earth Union Group" was found in
an older novelization and "Anti Earth United Government" is found in
references since 1998.  (incidentally Gundam Official website uses
"Anti Earth Union Group")

I will take a look at materials at my disposal (if I remember): MS
Encyclopedia 98... ehh... that's it, I never brought any MG/PG kits
from Zeta... Hmmm....

--
Dr. Core