I understand Jonathan's point to be that the interests of activist-Internet
users may not coincide with the interests of passive users, and that passive
users should have representation with all other interests that affect and
are affected by the Internet. After all, passive users affect the Internet
through their demand, for e-mail, for example. Also, these passive users do
actively use the Internet; they are not users of the right to affect the
control of domain names and their management.

The test for me is whether ICANN will serve the objectives of the Internet
better (stability, growth, fairness, technical excellence) having in mind
the interests of the passive users. I believe it will. Therefore, the
passive users' interests should be represented and the question is only who
should represent them.
Tamar

 YOUR NAME HERE
 Boston University School of Law