Josh,

First, did you not read the part where I said, "(At least not until we make
pfSense available on Ubiquiti platforms.)” ??

Note that I’ve *always* said that pfSense software on the ERL will occur
*after* (emphasis: **AFTER**) the regular 2.2 release.

WAIT, BACK UP. DID YOU READ THE AFTER PART?  I just want to be clear.

A-F-T-E-R

Now, since you asked,

There is currently an upstream problem with the (MIPS) toolchain.  Once we have
that sorted, the effort will resume.  We’re also in a (much) deeper
relationship with Cavium now, so there is a possibility that we can put some of
the acceleration bits in with time.

Frankly, there is an internal build of pfSense software for the Beaglebone
Black, too.  Not that we’re planning on selling BBB (though Netgate
will be selling same) with pfSense software pre-loaded, but it does allow us to
work out the kinks in the process to support architectures other
than i386 and amd64.

But this is all still very back-burner compared to the effort to get pfSense
2.2 to a RELEASEd status.

The lizard has spoken.

Jim