On Tue 23 Dec 2014 00:30:39 NZDT +1300, Renato Botelho wrote:

> Every time alias is changed, a HUP signal is sent do filterdns [1],
> and it triggers it to read config again and update aliases.

Thanks for the tip. However a

  kill -HUP `cat /var/run/filterdns.pid`

doesn't seem to cause an immediate update of aliases. filterdns seems to
wait until the end of the current interval before doing anything. It
would do the same with sending HUP (changing aliases as already done
that).

> Could you let me know the steps to have multiple filterdns instances
> running? I couldn’t reproduce it here.

Trivial, just run it:

  /usr/local/sbin/filterdns -p /var/run/filterdns.pid -i 300 -c
/var/etc/filterdns.conf -d 1

This incantation is run by pfsense. Doing the same from the command line
starts up a new instance of filterdns each time. It also updates aliases
immediately.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann