As far as I can tell, if you set a domain name manually in "System: General
Setup", pfSense will ignore any domain name that comes back with the DHCP
request.

I have not exhaustively tested that or seen it documented anywhere, but it
seems to be the case on the one of my pfSense boxes that receives a domain
name in the DHCP response.

Moshe

--
Moshe Katz