Final update on this issue. When I took it down, I pulled the drive and
started a Level 2 SpinRite on it while I took out and reseated the RAM then
ran memtest. I found no errors in either test, so I also took out the Intel
4 port gigabit card and reseated that, then put everything back together.
It has been running for a week straight now with no hiccups of any kind, so
either the SpinRite forced the drive to correct some read errors or
removing and reseating the RAM got around some dust or oxidation on the
contacts. It wouldn't be the first time reseating the RAM cleared otherwise
unexplainable issues with a machine for me, so I will assume that was the
case. I wish I'd had time to run the memtest before and after reseating the
RAM but... AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Thanks to all for the feedback last week.

Peace,
Todd Russell
Director of IT and Webmaster
Saint Joseph Abbey and Seminary College
985-867-2266
985-789-4319

Please consider helping Saint Joseph Abbey and Seminary College recover
from the devastating flood waters that overtook our campus on March 11,
2016.
http://helptheabbey.com

http://saintjosephabbey.com

For IT Requests, please submit a ticket at:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1e3PCRvnEVNU5-rVFolf9zivA9-m41Nj07eDjjCtFwpI/viewform?usp=send_form#start=invite