Hi folks,

I'm trying to understand why I get DNS leaks. I am connecting to VPN
italian server from UK and when I go to www.dnsleaktest.com, the main
page says I'm connecting from Italy but then, when I do the advanced or
standard tests, these say I'm located in the UK.

I have:

2.4.3-RELEASE (amd64)
built on Mon Mar 26 18:02:04 CDT 2018
FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p7

Installed on a mini PC that is connected via WAN on a DLS modem (setup
in pass through mode, not router mode). pfSense is acting as a DNS
Resolver even though I have have OpenDNS set in the GENERAL tab (I
believe these are not being used because I'm connected via DNS
Resolver). Would it be best to configure pfSense as DNS FOrwarder?
ALthough I'm not sure that this is going to resolve my DNS leak problem.
All clients are confirgured with a DNS set to the IP of the pfSEnse
machine. Any suggestions on what is the best way to configure DNS on
pfSense where occasionally I fire up my OpenVPN connection?

Many thanks

--

Respect your privacy and that of others, don't give your data to big
corporations.