"In any case, if you configure your DNS Resolver to use the LAN
interface as outgoing interface, the DNS Resolver should use the same
routing than your computer, VPN or not."

Can anyone confirm that this is true?  I never tested it, but it would
be nice to get a confirm.  I had an issue, similar to what Antonio is
trying to do, that required something like this in the past.

Also, are not the firewall rules ingress only, what would be the
relationship between the DNS resolver being on an ingress interface
instead of egrees?  How does it 'set it self up' on this interface?