Hello!

I belive that it depends on what CSS techniques are you using... (?)

As much as I know (read: think) ... display:none; will not do the work so
well because it will make the content (your links) invisible to
screenreaders...
Moving it from the visible field with negative margin is better way... i
think so...

Regards from Slovenia!