On May 17, 2010, at 3:24 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As suggested by Sander Temme [1], how about using "svn propset
> --revprop -r 943816 svn:log '...'" to update the commit message of
> this revision? Having Ralph's extended summary included in the svn
> history would be much better than just the current "First version"
> message.
>
> [1]
> http://jukkaz.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/commit-early-commit-often/#comment-9667
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Good idea, there is nothing as fun as trying to track down an issue and you run
into a monolithic commit of code many years ago with no history behind it.

I haven't dug into it, but I think the submission may require IP clearance
through the incubator (http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html).
The sentence would appear to apply:

> Any code that was developed outside of the ASF SVN repository and our public
> mailing lists must be processed like this, even if the external developer is
> already an ASF committer.

That might entail pulling this commit and bringing it back in.  If available,
I'd like to import the earlier revision history of the code.