>so who else has had cool non-IT jobs in the past?

I walways had crappy non-IT jobs. The absolute worst was when I went to work
in a plastics factory. As new boy, it fell to me to make sure that all the
waste plastic was disposed of as efficiently as possible.

Translated, that meant dragging sack after sack of off-cuts to a large skip,
chucking them in, and then packing them down. i.e. fifty percent of my job
involved getting in the skip and jumping up and down on the rubbish.

Great at parties:

"So, what do you do, then?"
"I jump up and down in a skip."
"Oh, hello Mr Icke!"

--
matt
you said it wasn't art, so now we're gonna rip you apart