On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 02:41:34PM -0000, dcross - David Cross wrote:

> This lunchtime I picked up a copy of Martin Brown's 'Debugging Perl'. Anyone
> have any opinions on that yet?

I'm reading it at the moment.  My opinion at this point is Good Idea
Foiled by Mediocre Execution.  He doesn't do any serious discussion of
-w and strict until chapter 8, He says in the 2nd or 3rd paragraph of
the book that it's hard to write bug-free perl code as though this
were false for other languages, there are some inaccuracies that I
would have been less concerned about if they weren't in a book about
debugging... etc.

Overall, not bad, but the devil's in the details.  I'm trying to
figure out if I'm allowed to write a not overly positive review of a
book from a company that I'm currently tech editing another book

dha

--
David H. Adler - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
"Life is so hard, you know that sometimes it seems the good guys only