Roger Burton West [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>On or about Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 12:08:22PM -0000, Jonathan Peterson typed:
*>
*>>> And then people wonder why I like open source...
*>>Even within OS software there's good support and bad support. There's plenty
*>>of OS software that _doesn't_ have helpful user groups, and has very poor
*>>documentation and so on.
*>
*>Oh, agreed entirely. The key thing is that nobody _expects_ a professional
*>support service, so they're less disappointed when it doesn't happen.

I don't think this is true for the great majority of software end-users
out there. They expect documentation and some sort of answer/FAQ whatnot
to their questions and those that don't have the bare minimum will
probably fail in the public arena.

Heck, people are disappointed when you do help them but give them an
answer they don't want to hear.

e.