easier said than done - it's a lot easier to hire good people than
convince clients that perl is the way forward - i may be wrong but i think
there are less and less big Perl projects out there available to perl
consultancies.  once you get to a particular price bracket (necessary to
afford and retain uber perl hackers) people start wanting to hear the
corporate technology buzzwords - j2ee, open market, bea, sap, siebel etc

this is just my 2p - please appreciate that i would love the situation to
be different (ie people queueing up for solutions using open source
methods - particulary perl) but i don't think that is the market
situation.

alex

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> y* Simon Cozens ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > > er.. and me.
> >
> > Who was it that was saying that the contract market was great just now?
> >

> i think it was me, i dont want to go into this too much, but i think
> that a general perl consultancy (you know who you are) can take these
> guys, be very clever at marketting yourselves and prosper

alex nunes | t 020 7603 5723 | f 020 7603 2504
director   | read the NEW story @ http://codix.net/
codix.net  | 107 shepherd's bush road, london w6 7lp