On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, you wrote:

> Plain and simply I don't think java is the right technology for
> e-commerce, plain and simple.

I concur.  There is simply too much of the important stuff missing from
Java to make it useable for web content delivery as far as I can tell.

I just couldn't do half of what I do without regexes ... well .. not
easily. taint checky is important too .. and its just too damm bulky and
long winded to do almost anything.

On the plus side: it takes longer to write and in general Java
programmers get well ... hmmm  .. maybe it isn;t sooo bad then ;)

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!