On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> * Aaron Trevena ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> > I think its partially the vendors fault - they are pushing java as a
> > solution for things it clearly isn't right for.
> >

> out of curiousity - such as (i.e. which vendors are pushing java for
> inappropriate problem sapces)?

Plain and simply I don't think java is the right technology for
e-commerce, plain and simple.

Accounting, some business processes map well to java but not all and
certainly not anything involving parsing and suchlike of any kind.

I don't think java is suitable for client/server systems either - having
both written and used java client/server apps, the networking classes in
1.2 and 1.3 suck badly and make the code long, slow and unclear.

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty"> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a