On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 11:27:48AM +0100, Robert Shiels wrote:
> 1. I want anything I write to be free for others to use and generally bugger
> about with.
> 2. I don't want anyone to be allowed to sell my code, or to sell anything
> closely derived from it.

In that case, don't go for a BSD-style license.

> 3. I don't want to be sued by someone who hosed their machine while running
> my software.
>
> Will any of the artistic/GPL/BSD licences work here? Will yours Dave (Cross)
> work, as I like that the best as it is so short :-)

London.pm'ers may prefer phk's beerware license:

/*
 * "THE BEER-WARE LICENSE" (Revision 42):
 * <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote this file.  As long as you retain this notice you
 * can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you think
 * this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return.  Poul-Henning Kamp
 */

-Dom