From: Robert Shiels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 11:28 AM

> From: "David Cantrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:58:41AM +0100, dcross - David Cross wrote:
> >
> > > Anything I release always has the following copyright and I think that
> > > number of module and script authors use a very similar form of words
out
> > > of respect for Larry.
> > >
> > > Dave...
> > >
> > > Copyright (C) 2000, Magnum Solutions Ltd.  All Rights Reserved.
> > >
> > > This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> > > modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.
> >
> > It's also worth nothing that both the Artistic and GP licences include a
> > disclaimer, so you're sorted for that too.
>
> 1. I want anything I write to be free for others to use and generally
bugger
> about with.
> 2. I don't want anyone to be allowed to sell my code, or to sell anything
> closely derived from it.
> 3. I don't want to be sued by someone who hosed their machine while
running
> my software.
>
> Will any of the artistic/GPL/BSD licences work here? Will yours Dave
(Cross)
> work, as I like that the best as it is so short :-)

You want the GPL for that. Which means that you can't use my copyright
message as it includes the Artisitc License - which doesn't disallow your
point 2.

Dave...

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.