--- Robin Szemeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> contained
> > > complete distributions
> > >
> > > /me cancels the download, suggests Activestate
> acquire some Clue
> > >

> > Isn't that a bit harsh? If the Linux version is a
> Beta / Alpha type deal it
> > seems fair enough they want people to test it with
> known versions of its
> > dependant apps, no?
>
> umm .. for a windows install where Activestate Perl
> seems to be the
> standard then yes, its fair enough. For a *nix tool
> it MUST work with a
> standard Perl install or it is of zero use (to me)
> .. I do not have any
> intention of installing Activestate Perl on my Linux
> box or using it in a
> production enviroment.

<my two cents>
It looks like a potentially good product for the
windows environment, providing integration into a
widely used IDE is probably a safe bet, however unless
you have the very latest version of windoze 98, me
etc, and the 'windows installed(TM)' installed and up
to date, you can't install it.

I gave up after ie5.5 decided i needed to pay for a
service pack.

Only time will tell.

</My two cents>

David

=====
"Artificial Intelligence is no match for human stupitity!"