From: "Robin Szemeti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> well .. I believe you have extended the analogy just a little bit too far
> :) . .the main reason _I_  decline to answer 'withheld number' calls is
> because almost every single one is a halfwit trying to sell me
> insurance/glazing/burglar alarms/toilet roll (yes.. really) even though

Yes - they generally call me between 6pm and 8pm. If we leave the phone to
the answering machine around this time, and the caller doesn't leave a
message, then 1471 always tells me that "The caller withheld their number".

We keep winning "free" holidays/windows/kitchens etc

I say "No - I do not want a free $gift"

and the people at the call center get quite indignant that I do want it, and
that I musn't understand the offer.

I have worked as a telemarketer, so feel a bit sorry for them as it's a shit
job, so I just say "No thanks" and hang up.

/Robert