On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 08:42:50AM -0700, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 04:26:14PM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> > You might need to run a 2nd copy of kwin, like this:
> >
> >     % kwin -- display :0.1
>
> (--display)

Sorry, saw that after I posted...  Why don't spell checkers understand
Unix?  :-)

> > Try that and see if it works...
>
> Yes! Thanks. Now to get it to start like that on its own... It's very
> weird re-learning X after nearly a decade since I last properly used it.
>
> KDE2's Konqueror browser is really, really impressive. Wow! Seems
> quicker and less crashy than Mozilla. Now if only it played Flash
> and Quicktime movies...

Konqueror should be able to use any standard netscape plugins, such as
the flash plugin.  You're probably out of luck with the quicktime
movies though.

I'd like to tell you how to get the flash plugin working, but I couldn't
because it's a Linux .so and can't be linked in to my FreeBSD konqueror.  :-(

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources          |
|       URL: http://www.semantico.com/                   |