Hi Tony,

> The hierarchical arrangement of the control plane does NOT imply that the
data plane is necessarily hierarchical.

Since Aijun posted his question I was trying to think of such model, but
failed.

While it is easy to envision this with DV protocols say BGP - do you have
any pointer to a link state protocol architecture where data plane is non
hierarchical (links do not belong to upper levels) while control plane used
traverses multiple levels ?

Thx,
R.