From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of tony...@tony.li
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 11:01 AM
To: Tony Li <tony...@tony.li>
Cc: lsr@ietf.org; Aijun Wang <wangai...@tsinghua.org.cn>; Robert Raszuk
<rob...@raszuk.net>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] LSR Working Group Adoption Call for "Hierarchical IS-IS" -
draft-li-lsr-isis-hierarchical-isis-01

Hi Aijun,

Les kindly points out that what I’ve suggested here is completely non-standard
and requires multiple IS-IS instances.

Tony

On Aug 16, 2019, at 9:03 AM, tony...@tony.li<mailto:tony...@tony.li> wrote:

Hi Aijun,

If, as you stated,  we connect R1 and R7 via one link(although we will not do
so, if we design the network hierarchically), how you flood the link
information hierarchically but let the traffic between the two connected L1
area bypass the L2 area?

The link between R1 and R7 needs to belong to either the top area or the bottom
area.  R1 or R7 needs to participate in two areas and leak routes between the
two areas.

Tony