Hi Aijun,

There is a need for a BFD session to be established between neighboring
routers which directly forward data between them to ensure reachability
between them. That is my understanding of various implementations and
deployments at operators. This is independent of the strict mode of
operation.

Perhaps you have a different requirement for "optimization of BFD sessions
on multi-access networks"? If so, it would be clearer if you could put that
requirement/proposal together as a draft for the WG to review. Also, that
would be in any way independent of this specification since what you are
referring to is the base use of BFD by OSPF.

Thanks,
Ketan