Hi, Ketan:
I recommend that in Broadcast/NBMA network, the BFD session is bootstrapped
after the DR/BDR election(but before the OSPF adjacency establishment). That
is, only the BFD session between DRother and DR/BDR is checked.
This can avoid many useless BFD sessions between DRothers and also accomplish
your goal to assure the reliable OSPF adjacency establishment.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom