Hi, Tony:

Let’s focus on the comparison of NLP and PUAM(Prefix Unreachable Announcement
Mechanism):

For NLP, the receiver should register the interested prefixes first. Once the
node fails, all the receivers(normally the nodes within one area) that register
such interested prefixes will be notified.

For PUAM, the receiver NEED NOT register anything.                   Once the
node fails, all the receivers(normally the nodes within one area) will be
notified.

>From the POV of the receiver, if it gets the same results, why don’t select
>the approach that need less work or nothing to do?

And regarding to your arguments of “Dump Truck” worry about IGP protocol, I
think defining one new protocol does not solve the ultimate pressure on Router.
Let’s explain this via one analogy:

The customer(Operator) want the truck(IGP Protocol) to piggyback(via some Tag)
some information, the driver(Vendor) said he can’t, because the truck may crush
the station(Router) when it pass. The operator need another truck(New Protocol)
to carry it.

Here is the problem then, from the POV of station(Router), if it can’t endure
the pass of one truck, why can it can stand to pass the two trucks at the same
time?

Wish you can explain the above paradox in reasonable/logical manner.

Best Regards

Aijun Wang

China Telecom