Aijun,

> For PUAM, the receiver NEED NOT register anything.
> Once the node fails, all the receivers(normally the nodes within one
area) will be notified.

That's a spec bug not a feature.

Not only those egress nodes which would have otherwise register will get it
with PUAM, but also all P nodes in the area which do not have any interest
what so ever will also get it.

Worse - EVERY IGP NODE - in all areas/levels will get it.

Can't you see how bad architecturally that is ? And I do not buy the
justification - oh this is so little or - oh this is likely to never
happen ... If that is so why bother when you can just either do it with
pub-sub model or simply withdraw your service routes (either one by one or
in bulk mode) ?

Thx,
R.

PS. And if you like analogies - We are here about speed to service
restoration - correct ? So what is better - to signal node failure using as
a carrier a local train which requires to change trains at each of say 30
stations or put the information into a RAPID one which only stops at two
exchange stations ?