Peter,

I think you are still not clear on some deployment scenarios.

So allow me to restate ...

It is pretty often (if not always) a valid requirement to redundantly
connect your PEs over different physical paths to the P nodes in the area.

For simplicity let's assume there are two links (it could be more then two
which only makes the situation worse from perspective of UPA).

One link belongs to telko A and is clean and solid BFD runs on it and can
detect link/peer down in 10s or 100s of milliseconds. The other link is
pretty bad (yet is used as backup as there is no physical alternative)  and
BFD timers on it are set to 2 sec probing x 3 = 6 sec detection of
link/peer down.

I think we all agree (including Aijun) that you MUST not advertise UPA
before you receive all flooding from all adjacent to failed PE nodes - that
in the above case may take 6 sec.

So I was asking if you see it feasible to run multihop BFD from ABRs to PEs
to detect node down much faster then long BFD timers would otherwise permit
you to achieve.

And it can be just say milliseconds slower then fastest BFD timers so
effectively you get much faster detection then slowest BFD on links would
expose.

That's the real life scenario which I am trying to map to UPA (or in fact
also DROID) mechanism.

Many thx,
Robert