Hi Jef,

jef peeraer wrote:
> David Johnston schreef:
>> 1. AMD Opterons seem to handle true multitasking better than Intel chips
>> because the AMD chips have a much higher bandwidth between the CPU and
>> memory.  See Google for details.
> use them all the time in my servers

If you don't mind, please your help to inform me about your Server spec
that you are using now.
(processor type, motherboard type, RAID Controller, HD, memory, etc)
What distro do you use for the Server?

>> 2. I've had great results with 3ware's 9000 series SATA RAID
>> controllers.  They are very fast, have an optional battery backup that
>> will keep unwritten data in the cache alive even if there is a complete
>> power failure, and 3ware has been very easy to work with.
> 3ware is my preferred controller. a 4 port with raid 10 gives you very
> good performance. as distribution i use opensuse ( 10.2 ) . don't know
> how far the ltsp 5 integration is, but meanwhile ltsp 4.2 works
> perfectly on these distro

I've changed my plan from Ubuntu 7.04 to K12LTSP-6 :) because I think
K12LTSP faster than Feisty (CMIIW) :)

--
Best Regards,
Donny Christiaan.