On Thursday 04 October 2007 03:06:10
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > David Johnston wrote:
> > > Donny,
> > > I can't tell you which server to buy, but I can offer you a few things
> > > to keep in mind.>
> > > 1. AMD Opterons
> > > 2. 3ware's 9000 series SATA RAID controllers
> > > 3. SAPGUI will work & same IP address.
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your valued reply.  If you don't mind, can you send the
> >  information of your server specification?
> > What Distro do you use for LTSP Server?
> > I think I'll change my plan from Ubuntu 7.04 to K12LTSP-6
> > I hope it will support my future RAID Controller :)
> > I've tried connect(ing SAPGUI) from 1 WinXP (1 IP) with multiple
> > login and it work well
>
> Yes, we use Opterons in our servers.  Here is an example server for 20
> users:
>  Two (2) Dual-Core AMD Opteron 2214
>  6 GB RAM
>  3Ware SATA RAID card with BBU
>  Red Hat Enterprise 5, Centos 5, or K12LTSP 6.

[snip]

Do you folk use a 64bit server in order to make use of more-than-1G RAM ?
Presumably on ltsp5 you fiddle to get 32bit clients.

I really wondered if anyone is using more than 1G on a 32bit server and
pretending that himem etc kernels work-and-give-benefit.
PS if yes to the above, using 1G+3G standard or 2G+2G ?

Thanks
James