Hi, Rolf!

-----Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-...@osnanet.de> skrev: -----
Till: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Från: Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-...@osnanet.de>
Datum: 2017-02-21 17:35
Ärende: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Ang: Re: Client stops at setting up NIC

Hi Johan,

thanks for that idea. I downloaded and burned one and will test as soon
as possible.

But: Wouldn't it be possible to let ltsp make a new 64bit image instead
of the i386.img it made now?

Sure, you can build many types of images with ltsp-build-client. There are many
different options, like architecture, name, place, what is included, etc. I
have run ltsp servers with multiple different images for multiple different
client types.

Just run this, and you get a list of the options: ltsp-build-client --extra-help

I see there is a two-step booting: First

1.
/srv/tftpboot/boot/initrd-ltsp
/srv/tftpboot/boot/linux-ltsp

are loaded and executed (and my linux-ltsp is from 2012). Then I would
expect

2.
/srv/kiwi-ltsp/i386.img

to be loaded and run. This img was made new when I invoked
ltsp-built-client the other day.

The /etc/dhcpd.conf points to pxelinux.0 to boot from, is that correct?

I attach one of my old dhcpd.conf files for you to have a look at.

Maybe I'm getting something completely wrong here, but if I could get my
new NUC running on the old server, I could make a direct test under
working conditions.

Regards
Rolf