On 2017-02-22, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Browsing the file, I wonder why there is this if-else clause with either
> pxelinux.0 OR nbi.img. I saw this on other examples in the net.
>
> On my system, I have only pxelinux.0 defined in dhcpd.conf, and there is
> no nbi.img file anywhere. So I wonder when a client sends "PXEclient"
> and when not.

NBI.img files were for legacy systems that used old versions of
etherboot rather than PXE. Most any recent system support PXE on-board,
or at the very least are able to load iPXE from boot media.

Support has recently been dropped in LTSP upstream, as it was broken for
some time; there were many incompatible formats for NBI.img, which made
it hard to maintain a working default. And it really is quite old by
now.

So, in short, everything can just use the pxelinux.0 clause in DHCP.

live well,
  vagrant