Further on this, Karthik, is that you need to really understand what you indexed. For example... take a document that has "New Year" in it, and follow it through your indexing process. See what your analyzer at indexing time actually indexed. And if "new year" are side-by-side tokens emitted from that process, then querying for "New Year" through QueryParser should find a match.

You can easily put together a 10-line JUnit test case using RAMDirectory and your favorite Analyzer to see how this works. I highly recommend you do this in order to isolate the situation even further.

        Erik