On Aug 17, 2004, at 9:47 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
I did as Erik  replied in his mail ,
and  searched for the complete word   "\"New Year\""  ,
but the QueryParser Still returns me hit for "Year"  Only.

[ The Analyzer I use has 555 English Stop words with "new" present in it ]

No wonder!

That's when I checked up with Analyzer's to verify,
If u look at the list  Analyzer's  o/p
GrammerAnalyzer is the one that has 555 English STOPWORDS.

Do u think this is the bug in my Code.

Whether this is a "bug" or not is really for your users to determine :) But it is absolutely the expected behavior. QueryParser analyzes the expression too. Even if you somehow changed QueryParser, if you never indexed the word "new" then you certainly cannot expect to search on it and find it.