On Aug 18, 2004, at 3:41 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
Hi Guys

  Finally with lot's experimentation, I came to know that

    A word  such as  'new'  already present in  Analyzer,

    will  not return  any hits [ Even when enclosed with Quotes "\""]

    such as  "New Year"....

That's really Intresting.... :(

That's why it's call stop word *removal*. The purpose of removing words is to save space and eliminate words that are ultra common. Tuning the analysis process to your domain/environment is by far the trickiest part of using Lucene, and often is not even much of a consideration as the built-in Analyzers suffice. It sounds to me that your stop word list is far too aggressive and you should consider trimming down the list of words that are removed.

Or, even consider not removing words at all. From the What Would Google Do (WWGD)? category.... does Google remove stop words? I'll leave that as a rhetorical question for now :)

        Erik

Thx
Karthik