I ran Stringwalker, Django and Fronimo on VPC until about 3 years ago. No difficulties, aside from horrendous echo in midi playback.
I now keep both a Mac and a PC, for a different set of reasons.
RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lex van Sante" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:47 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: tablature notation guidelines

@ Howard Posner: Probably off topic: Sorry!

You mean you have actually been able to use Fronimo with Virtual PC?
That is no mean feat! I've tried using it but it was all very slow, unstable, not to mention costly. I was fortunate that my Apple dealer at the time offered me a chance to test this on one of his PPC's. After fiddling around for about 15 minutes I had enough. Like you say: "Not exactly a perfect option".

Cheers!

Lex van Sante