I imagine the 'folk' culture of playing to a camera in your
   kitchen/computer room, whatever, will continue, and yes, we will have
   posh promo videos from 'signed' artists and would-bees, especially
   young recently-qualified students looking to make their mark. The
   casual viewer can look forward to a lot more videos.

   I haven't quite reached a million hits (wow!) but the number of plays
   far outnumbers the number of CDs I've sold, or mp3 files downloaded. It
   is the primary medium for reaching people. For those of us interested
   in sound, this is not a good thing as the sound tends to be poor, and
   usually played on crap computer speakers. I remember reading about some
   studies a computer science lab had done on audience perception at a
   classical concert. 90 per cent was visual. Only 7 percent was aural.
   And of that 7 per cent, 83 per cent was given to the obvious mistakes!
   It is little wonder videos are so popular, and why some artists want to
   hide their mistakes...

   Rob

   PS David, glad you liked my De Visee! I can't play it now, so it's good
   to have a reminder! Proof for my grandchildren :-)