Bruno,

   My opinion regarding theorbo notation is for one staff in bass clef.  With
only ten frets on the neck, you'll never have to go higher then three lines for
the rare passages that go up that high; with nothing below the tenth course in
this particular book, you'll only have one ledger line under the staff.  I
would suggest that you account for the re-entrant tuning (especially unison
notes and campanellas) in your staff notation by indicating the string with
numbers in circles the way it is done in modern guitar notation. (This would be
helpful for non-players in visualizing the complexity of some sections that
seem at first to be quite simple.) I would definitely avoid arranging it for
guitar, however - the music doesn't work at all that way.  My two cents.

Good luck!

Chris