Thank you very much Edward. I'll be working very hard to complete it
   this year.

   You are right about the double staff. John Griffiths has just given the
   same advice.

   Best wishes.

   2010/1/6 Edward Martin <[1...@gamutstrings.com>

     Hi, Bruno.
     Congratulations on your work.  It seems to me it would be a
     wonderful dissertation.
     First of all, I would not do just a bass clef notation, as this is
     not for theorbo, but a 10 course lute.  Secondly, I think in the
     world of academia, the double staff notation, i.e. keyboard
     notation, would be more universally understood by those reading your
     paper.
     I personally would avoid the single-line guitar notation in e, for
     the purposes for dissertation.  Perhaps a later volume in e might be
     published for guitarists.
     ed