--------------020900070300040700030404

There are two complete suites for baroque lute (and two more pieces)
in the Conradi publication, that is housed now in the Leipzig Music Library
(III.10.34) The pieces are engraved and printed on single sheets of
paper each.
The paper has a very large format: to print the TREE facsimile to a
normal A4 page,
I had to reduce the size to 80 % of the original.

On the first page is printed:
Neue Lautenstuecke,
als Preludes, Allemands, Courants, Giques, Menuets, etc.
Frankfurth an der Oder (the town)
Bey Johann Gottfried Conradi (the publisher)

Backside of the first page ,the only sheet to be printed double sided
(translation into my own poor English).
Cause there are not too many lovers of the lute, though these
want to get often something new and curious, this may be a
good news to them, that from the publisher of the present edition
may be available more complete sonatas newly written for 13 courses,
so that in this way could be served with more pieces of
the same manner.
 From this, it is clear that Conradi is the publisher of the music.
But no composer is mentioned.
---
There have been two early recordings of the two complete suites
(recorded by famous Wolf Erichson in the mid 70s on his own lable)

one suite by Eugen Dombois:
The Baroque Lute,
Music By Kellner, Bach, Conradi, Weiss

the other suite by Michael Schaeffer:
French Baroque Lute Suites,
DuFault, Gallot, Reusner, Conradi

Both recordings are still available on SONY CLASSICAL CD
( e.g. from www.Amazon.de)

The playing of both the lutenits is fantastic.
I only can recommend these gems.

I attach the first two pages of the Conradi print,
but I am not sure of this is allowed and the lute list.
Maya be , you will not get it.

Albert Reyerman
www.Tree-Edition.com

Eugene C. Braig IV schrieb:
> Michael Schäffer recorded one Conradi suit along with Reusner on the "German
> side" of the LP and Gallot and DuFault on the "French side."  I think that
> was way back in the late '70s.  It was a great early effort.
>
> Best,
> Eugene

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
There are two complete suites for baroque lute (and two more pieces)<br>
in the Conradi publication, that is housed now in the Leipzig Music
Library<br>
(III.10.34) The pieces are engraved and printed on single sheets of
paper each.<br>
The paper has a very large format: to print the TREE facsimile to a
normal A4 page,<br>
I had to reduce the size to 80 % of the original.<br>
On the first page is printed:<br>
Neue Lautenstuecke,<br>
als Preludes, Allemands, Courants, Giques, Menuets, etc.<br>
Frankfurth an der Oder (the town)<br>
Bey Johann Gottfried Conradi (the publisher)<br>
Backside of the first page ,the only sheet to be printed double sided<br>
(translation into my own poor English).<br>
Cause there are not too many lovers of the lute, though these<br>
want to get often something new and curious, this may be a<br>
good news to them, that from the publisher of the present edition<br>
may be available more complete sonatas newly written for 13 courses,<br>
so that in this way could be served with more pieces of<br>
the same manner.<br>
>From this, it is clear that Conradi is the publisher of the music.<br>
But no composer is mentioned.<br>
---<br>
There have been two early recordings of the two complete suites<br>
(recorded by famous Wolf Erichson in the mid 70s on his own lable)<br>
one suite by Eugen Dombois:<br>
The Baroque Lute,<br>
Music By Kellner, Bach, Conradi, Weiss<br>
the other suite by Michael Schaeffer:<br>
French Baroque Lute Suites,<br>
DuFault, Gallot, Reusner, Conradi<br>
Both recordings are still available on SONY CLASSICAL CD<br>
( e.g. from <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.Amazon.de";>www.Amazon.de</a>)<br>
The playing of both the lutenits is fantastic.<br>
I only can recommend these gems.<br>
I attach the first two pages of the Conradi print,<br>
but I am not sure of this is allowed and the lute list.<br>
Maya be , you will not get it.<br>
Albert Reyerman<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.Tree-Edition.com";>www.Tree-Edition.com</a><br>
Eugene C. Braig IV schrieb:
 cite="mid:10-c1b3214b77664770a430895adea0c...@seagrant.ohiostate.edu"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Michael Sch&auml;ffer recorded one Conradi suit along with
Reusner on the "German
side" of the LP and Gallot and DuFault on the "French side."  I think that
was way back in the late '70s.  It was a great early effort.

Best,
Eugene

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-----Original Message-----
From: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu";>lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu</a> [<a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu";>mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu</a>] On
Behalf Of <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:albertreyer...@kabelmail.de";>albertreyer...@kabelmail.de</a>