Martin,

That is true, that Conradi published books on a most varied list of
subjects, such as law, medicine, botany, church history, etc.  This
particular book is one of them.  I saw, a year ago, another book
listed as having been published by Conradi.

ed

At 08:40 AM 1/12/2010, Martin Eastwell wrote:

>Hi!
>
>A Google search on Conradi's name came up with this
>http://www.the-orb.net/bibliographies/st-john_bib.html
>

>44.
>Author:           Dithmar, Justus Christoph, 1677-1737.
>                   Vertot, abbe de, 1655-1735.
>Title:            Geschichte des ritterlichen Johanniter-Orden : und dessen
>                   Herren-Meisterthums in der Marck, Sachsen, Pommern und
>                   Wendland / von Justus Christoph Dithmar ...
>                   Geschichte des Johanniter-Orden.
>Place:            Franckfurth an der Oder :
>Publisher:        Bey Johann Gottfried Conradi,
>Date:             1728.
>
>  I think it is a bibliography about the Knights of St John. Conradi's name
>is given as a publisher of item 44 in the list. If this is right, I wonder
>what else he published? No reason a publisher should not compose lute music,
>of course!
>

>Best wishes
>
>martin
>
>On 11/1/10 17:31, "Daniel Winheld" <dwinh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Ed Martin has learned quite a bit about the multiple Conradis- and
> > has recorded them as well. Perhaps he will weigh in here on this,
> > unless it was already dealt with and  may be in the archives.
> >
> > Dan
> >

> >> I didn't know Conradi's music so thanks for sharing these
> beautiful pieces.
> >> I'd love to hear that Barto's bootleg!
> >>
> >> I looked at the New Grove Dictionary of Music and found there are two
> >> Conradi. Based on the publication date you give (1724), I guess
> these works
> >> are from Johann Melchior, son of Johann Georg, both Kapellmeisters at
> >> Oettingen. Nonetheless, the New Grove doesn't mention any lute works by
> >> them...
>
>------ End of Forwarded Message
>

>To get on or off this list see list information at
>http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

Edward Martin
2817 East 2nd Street
Duluth, Minnesota  55812