   From: David Van Edwards <da...@vanedwards.co.uk>
   To: William Samson <willsam...@yahoo.co.uk>
   Cc: Lute List <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Monday, 4 February 2013, 15:07
   Subject: Re: [LUTE] Lute painting
   Dear Bill,
   I assume one of these.
   [1]http://www.vanedwards.co.uk/93.tif
   Sixtus Rauwolf Augsburg 1599 now in Copenhagen No. 93
   This is the sole survivor of this type that Molenaer made famous. But
   your painting has the lower strings offset in in a strange, rather
   excessive, manner.  Maybe a case of dodgy perspective rather than
   distortion. But if the offset is genuine then the upper pegbox must
   be something other, and to me unknown.
   Best wishes,
   David