I guess kitsch was invented earlier than generally thought....
RT

On 6/21/2013 4:02 AM, Luca Manassero wrote:
    Dear David and Martin,
        thank you! Apparently there's a lot to think about...
    Two months ago in Venice I had the chance to meet an "indorador"
    (gilder) who still works using traditional Venitian techniques: his
    (small and beautiful) shop belongs to his family since at least three
    generations and is full of fantastic pieces. Wondering whether one of
    my lutes should get a "golden rose" :-)
    Greetings,
    Luca